Serial Podcast

AustinIllini

macrumors demi-goddess
Oct 20, 2011
Austin, TX
The last episode was posted this morning.

Has anyone been following this? If so, what are your thoughts after the finale?

Here is the link for those interested....
The beginning was special. The end was fine, but not great. Not sure what they could have done differently, but I just didn't love the last 5 episodes or so.

That being said, I'm convinced the mailkimp kid killed Hae Min Lee.

Moyank24

macrumors 601
Original poster
Aug 31, 2009
in a New York State of mind
I've been hearing a lot about it on Twitter
Might have to check it out :)
You should!

It's like one big, long 12 hour episode of 48 Hours Mystery

The beginning was special. The end was fine, but not great. Not sure what they could have done differently, but I just didn't love the last 5 episodes or so.

That being said, I'm convinced the mailkimp kid killed Hae Min Lee.
LOL Mail Chimp did well for themselves because of this.

I'm still processing, I guess. The whole thing was fascinating, especially since after all of it, we just don't have know for sure.

It was presented very well, though. I resisted initially because I wasn't sure I could pay attention to something that long without actually looking at something (I'm not a podcast person), but she hooked me pretty quickly. I actually binge listened over the last 2 days.

sviato

macrumors 68020
Oct 27, 2010
HR 9038 A
I followed it to the end. I agree that it was a lot more interesting in the beginning but there wasn't really any other ending to give. I think people were expecting the Serial team to solve the case in some way but they never set out to do that.

Personally, I think he did it but should not have been convicted on the evidence (lack of) presented. I am curious to see how the current appeal for poor defense and DNA testing request by the Innocence Project will turn out.

I am looking forward to season two. I hope it's a new story but that Sarah comments on the results of this one.

Jws

macrumors regular
Aug 16, 2013
AR
I started listening shortly after it first aired. It really is a great podcast. I haven't had a chance to listen to the most recent two episodes though.

I wonder what they will decide to do for season 2... It will probably be a while before it starts coming out if they're just now looking for funding.

Don't panic

macrumors 603
Jan 30, 2004
having a drink at Milliways
i only recently heard about this and just listened to it in a go in the last few days.
very interesting.
i didn't get the impression that the quality went down, maybe it was more so if you heard it week by week, but i see how some people would be disappointed by the lack of a final resolution.

i think that the story of the prosecution don't hold much water. their timeline is completely off and they took Jay's story too much at its face value. (in fact i think there must have been a lot of involuntary coaching by the investigators, and Jay adapted his story to fit their narrative)
basically once they got convinced Asdnan did it, they built the case to convict him, not to find the killer or what happened.
I think there is third party involved -possibly relating to the drug-dealing underground- and that jay's involvement is way more than he claims. Not sure about the extent of Adsnan involvement.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.