Serial Podcast

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Moyank24, Dec 18, 2014.

1. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

The last episode was posted this morning.

Has anyone been following this? If so, what are your thoughts after the finale?

Here is the link for those interested....

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

I've been hearing a lot about it on Twitter
    Might have to check it out :)

3. AustinIllini macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

The beginning was special. The end was fine, but not great. Not sure what they could have done differently, but I just didn't love the last 5 episodes or so.

That being said, I'm convinced the mailkimp kid killed Hae Min Lee.

4. Moyank24 thread starter macrumors 601

Moyank24

You should!

It's like one big, long 12 hour episode of 48 Hours Mystery

LOL Mail Chimp did well for themselves because of this.

I'm still processing, I guess. The whole thing was fascinating, especially since after all of it, we just don't have know for sure.

It was presented very well, though. I resisted initially because I wasn't sure I could pay attention to something that long without actually looking at something (I'm not a podcast person), but she hooked me pretty quickly. I actually binge listened over the last 2 days.

5. AustinIllini macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

You will not regret checking it out. It's the podcast to jumpstart podcasting.

6. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

First I've heard of this.

And I got it from SNL lol

7. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

I followed it to the end. I agree that it was a lot more interesting in the beginning but there wasn't really any other ending to give. I think people were expecting the Serial team to solve the case in some way but they never set out to do that.

Personally, I think he did it but should not have been convicted on the evidence (lack of) presented. I am curious to see how the current appeal for poor defense and DNA testing request by the Innocence Project will turn out.

I am looking forward to season two. I hope it's a new story but that Sarah comments on the results of this one.

8. Jws macrumors regular

I started listening shortly after it first aired. It really is a great podcast. I haven't had a chance to listen to the most recent two episodes though.

I wonder what they will decide to do for season 2... It will probably be a while before it starts coming out if they're just now looking for funding.

9. Don't panic macrumors 603

Don't panic

i only recently heard about this and just listened to it in a go in the last few days.
    very interesting.
    i didn't get the impression that the quality went down, maybe it was more so if you heard it week by week, but i see how some people would be disappointed by the lack of a final resolution.

i think that the story of the prosecution don't hold much water. their timeline is completely off and they took Jay's story too much at its face value. (in fact i think there must have been a lot of involuntary coaching by the investigators, and Jay adapted his story to fit their narrative)
    basically once they got convinced Asdnan did it, they built the case to convict him, not to find the killer or what happened.
    I think there is third party involved -possibly relating to the drug-dealing underground- and that jay's involvement is way more than he claims. Not sure about the extent of Adsnan involvement.

10. MonkeySee.... macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

Really surprised this thread is only a page. It was fascinating.

I don't think he did it.