iPod touch Serial # & Returns/Refurbs

aidanpendragon

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 26, 2005
It took me 4 Touches to get one with a great screen. But I'd registered my first one (and possibly another) before returning.

I presume Apple will refurb & sell these DOA models at some point. What happens to the serial number & my prior registration? I hope they'd wipe it out & not have my name/info floating around, still attached to it!

hdguy20060207

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2007
Hi,
When do you think all the week 37,38,39 ( bad stock) is finally out of stock
at BestBuy in Edmonton ?

Has anybody bought one at BestBuy in Edmonton ? If so, what week is it ?

Thx.

TimTheEnchanter

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2004
Minneapolis, MN
It took me 4 Touches to get one with a great screen. But I'd registered my first one (and possibly another) before returning.

I presume Apple will refurb & sell these DOA models at some point. What happens to the serial number & my prior registration? I hope they'd wipe it out & not have my name/info floating around, still attached to it!
Typically, Apple re-assigns serial numbers to all refurb product. From what I've seen they don't resemble the original string at all, so they're easy to recognize as refurbs. Your first serial will be retired from the system and not reused.

aidanpendragon

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 26, 2005
Typically, Apple re-assigns serial numbers to all refurb product. From what I've seen they don't resemble the original string at all, so they're easy to recognize as refurbs. Your first serial will be retired from the system and not reused.
There are some who call you...helpful. Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.