Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

felixk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 18, 2012
i need to find out my serialnumer of my imac and yes ive seen the apple page where they tell you where to find it. i just got some problems:
the case is gone.
the imac is broke, so i can find it there aswell.
the number on the imac itself is so ********* up that u cant read it anymore
and i can find the bill anymore.

i try to find it with my apple-id but there its not
the only things i got left is the packing list and my ordernumber.
i try to look with the ordernumber but i could find it because i bought it i 2008. any help?
thanks

aarond12

macrumors 65816
May 20, 2002
Dallas, TX USA
The Apple Store online only shows orders over the past 18 months. You may have to call Apple directly and see if they can get that information for you.

1-800-APL-CARE (in the US)

I can't tell by your language if you're in the US or not. I might assume so... :rolleyes:

felixk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 18, 2012
The Apple Store online only shows orders over the past 18 months. You may have to call Apple directly and see if they can get that information for you.

1-800-APL-CARE (in the US)

I can't tell by your language if you're in the US or not. I might assume so... :rolleyes:

thanks, i ll have to go to an apple store in germany, i just lived in texas for a year :)

stridemat

Staff member
Apr 2, 2008
UK
Apple send you an email when its purchased from the On-line store. I believe the serial is on that. Have you been back through them?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.