Serialnumber of the MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by neill, May 9, 2007.

1. neill macrumors newbie

hi everyone! :)

i recently bought a new c2d mbp 15" through the internet, and i want to know how old my mbp really is (because i want to be sure it was built after october 2006). apparently you can read this information from the serialnumber, but i didnt find any information covering this.

maybe you can help me :)

greetings, neill

2. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

of course it is, its a C2D MBP, which were only introduced in October.

3. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

you can look up the serial number in the system profiler. you can then enter that number on apple's support page and find out the date the computer was purchased. but as it has already been stated, c2d macbook pros debuted late october. no way to have c2d mbps before then.

4. neill thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for the quick response!

just to make things clear: the heat problems of the 1. generation have been solved with the release of the c2d model?

edit: mh.. the apple site says i have a late 2006 model, the site grapes911 postet says build 1997/week 16 (i guess they mean 2007?).. im confused :D

5. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Yes, they were fixed with the C2D model (probably why it took so long to arrive ;) ). btw sorry if I was abrupt with my first post, I'm not in a great mood today :eek:.

6. neill thread starter macrumors newbie

no problem! :)

i know my questions are a bit "noobish", but this is my first mac and this stuff is all new to me :eek:

7. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

In this case "late 2006 model" is a model name. So this particular model of Mac was introduced in late 2006. It does not mean that any particular machine in that model was made in 2006.

8. 4JNA macrumors 68000

4JNA

easy way to get build/serial number is 'About this Mac' and then click on the 'version' right below 'Mac OS X'. first click shows build, second click shows the serial number. yes, i really am so lazy that i can't be bothered to open profiler...:eek: