Series 0 AppleCare+

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Aml216, Sep 19, 2016.

1. Aml216 macrumors 6502a

Aml216

A mysterious location in the middle of nowhere
    My wife is now rocking my series 0 Apple Watch. When I got it at launch last year, I got AppleCare+ thinking it would be nice to have just in case. There is still about 7-9 months coverage left. If my wife breaks the watch, will Apple replace her watch with a Series 1, or another series 0 watch?

2. oftheheavens macrumors 68000

I could be wrong because I don't work there, but it would be replaced with the same model or "current equivalent" I believe Is how the portion of returns reads on the agreement. Usually a business will have enough stock of older generations to cover the amount of time on warranty returns. So in this case they have a warehouse full of old AW's they will pull from for warranty issues that won't be exhausted until well after your AC+ expires.

I am using my accidental replacement $69 or whatever to get a "new" one before gifting it to my mom. There is a big scratch down the middle of the screen.

3. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

It will almost certainly be a series zero. Same way their other Apple care plus claims work. They've replaced and repaired other devices (iPhones) that they no longer sell as well.

4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

4 weeks ago my iPhone 6 was replaced with an iPhone 6 under apple care +. My guess is you'll end up with a series 0. In early iPhone times you could likely grab a newer model 2 years after the phone was released. Now, not so much.

5. James.K.Polk macrumors 6502a

Two questions - how big of a scratch, and did it happen in-store, or require shipping?

I have a (relatively small) scuff on the corner of my Watch, but I paid so little for it on Craigslist ($180 for SS w/ Milanese and AC+) that I wouldn't mind spending $70 to make it brand new....

6. audiofx macrumors regular

wow $180 you did good I just got a 42mm Black Stainless with a brown leather band for $250 with a year of AC+ left. wish they would refurb them with the newer CPU lol, I could deal without waterproofing and gps but the speed update would certainly be welcomed.

7. oftheheavens macrumors 68000

It goes almost corner to corner but is hard to see with the screen on. Highly visable when screen is off. I wouldn't care since I have a new SS but I'm not going to gift it to someone like this.

Answer two is I don't play that game with apple. I won't be without a product when I paid for insurance that covers everything but theft basically. I allow them to charge my credit card until I send back the bad one. They will do this as log as you tell them it is what you want, they almost never tell you it is an option.

So I'll have a new one overnighted and return with their prepaid label.

8. James.K.Polk macrumors 6502a

You do this online? Or in-store? Is that the same as Express Replacement?

9. oftheheavens macrumors 68000

I call in. And I think they call it express replacement yes.

10. James.K.Polk macrumors 6502a

Gotcha - thanks!