Series 0 to series 3 setup question

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by josh bear, Sep 24, 2017.

1. josh bear macrumors 6502

Hi all

Would appreciate some advice. Just bought a series 3 to replace a series zero bought on launch day (Actually queued at Dover street market!). I have not upgraded the zero to iOS 4.

Can I just set up the series 3 from a backup on my phone of the series zero? Just trying to save time setting up apps etc all again?

Thanks

Josh

2. F1ferrari macrumors newbie

I set my series 3 up from a backup of my series 0, but I had updated it to watchOS 4. You could try without updating. During set up it asked if I wanted to restore from backup, so you could see what it says at that step.

3. gatorknight904 macrumors 6502a

gatorknight904

I was asked the restore from back up question during the setup of my S3 (coming from S0) and I had not updated the S0 to watchOS 4. I believe you will be fine.

I chose to set up as a new watch though.

4. SamGabbay macrumors 6502a

SamGabbay

Yes, you can restore from a backup of older software.

Sam

5. josh bear thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks all. Appreciated. Hoping to see a significant speed bump between 0 and 3!!

6. haruhiko macrumors 601

haruhiko

The speed bump is really really significant. Couldn’t be happier with my purchase. I went down from an SS to a Sports model though. I don’t want to spend too much on a watch that is likely to be replaced in 2 years.