Series 0 vs Series 2 speaker loudness

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by m4cf4g, Sep 18, 2016.

1. m4cf4g macrumors newbie

Can anyone who has upgraded from the first Apple Watch to Series 2 confirm if the speaker is louder?

It was almost impossible to have a phone conversation on the first Apple Watch in a semi-noisy environment (like my car) as I could barely hear the person on the other side.

Thanks.

2. frjpsmacrumors macrumors newbie

Yes this was my concern as well. Yes the Series 2 is definitely louder. Usable now as a phone!

3. m4cf4g thread starter macrumors newbie

Cheers!

4. BSben macrumors 6502a

I am surprised nobody mentions the loudness of the speaker (including Apple), so is it actually noticeable louder?

5. mjfriend1 macrumors member

Yes it is definitely noticeable. I usually have to put the watch up to my ear to hear it but not anymore with the Series 2 watch

6. frjps macrumors member

Same here...one of my biggest complaints with the first watch...could not make phone calls with it (Tim Cook even used that as a selling point). But now you can. Plenty loud. Was very relieved to find this out.

7. BSben macrumors 6502a

Thank you, guys. How strange Apple didn't advertise this improvement, but good to know that it has improved. Though I i had quite a few conversations with the old Watch, but usually in quiet environments.
    It makes me wonder why they didn't add the new Bedtime waking sounds to the watch, which would have been the best device to use it on.