Series 1 Arrived with No Battery Life!

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by margareedaville, Sep 16, 2016.

1. margareedaville macrumors newbie

New Apple Watch owner here, and just got the series 1 in. Opened it up, nice. Tried to turn it on and get this! So now I have to wait for it to charge, I guess. :(

[​IMG]

2. LoveToMacRumors macrumors 68020

LoveToMacRumors

Its not so bad.. are you leaving for work or something?

3. kilcher macrumors 65816

kilcher

I think the cable length on that screen is longer than the cable it actually ships with now. :p

4. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

So much for the theory that some original AWs purchased earlier this year must have been collecting dust on the shelf all year long because they were similarly depleted out of the box.

5. mrwilly25 macrumors member

6. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

Seems like a first world problem.. these things charge much faster than phones or iPads, just set it down for 30 min or so.

7. el-John-o macrumors 65816

I wonder if it was somehow accidentally "turned on" in packaging. Modern lithium batteries hold their charge for a really long time. I still have my iPhone 4 (the oldest iPhone I own). I turn it on once in a while. The battery, when the device is off, loses just a couple percentage points over a period of several months. So I don't buy that when the battery is dead, the device has been on a shelf for months. It very well may have been; but it's just not been my experience (for whatever little that's worth) that lithium batteries deplete that fast in storage.

Surely as millions of these roll off the line, and are tested, one ends up powered on, resting in it's little box, and arrives dead.

8. margareedaville thread starter macrumors newbie

I think it was a bad unit. It ended up popping about an hour later during the first charge, never turning on again. I took it back to BB and replaced. Next one had 90% juice.

9. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

I think it has been sitting on a shelf for a long time. Leave it plugged in for an hour or so and it should come back to life.

10. margareedaville thread starter macrumors newbie

People like you who don't pay attention to detail, have the worse advice.

11. jbachandouris macrumors 601

jbachandouris

They sent me a replacement for my 1st gen and it was totally dead. Not even the screen you have. It took almost 3 hours to charge as it was also the day of watch os 3.

12. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Series 1????? How long could it be. More likely is they are mass charged at the factory (maybe a large induction coil for a group) and can easily miss or only partial charge.

Also for the OP you can see about when it was manufactured using the Activity app (if like S0).