Series 1 - Battery problems?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by infinitejest, Mar 29, 2018.

1. infinitejest macrumors 6502

infinitejest

Hey Series 1 owners, is the battery drain on your Watch as bad as on mine?

Since two month or so, almost every night at around 10 or 11pm my watch drops below 10%. I usually had at least 40% left at night. I don’t do anything different with my watch and didn’t install or change anything, the problem simply occurred overnight.
    I’ve called Apple and tried everything to fix it - force restart on both, watch and phone, deleting all apps, turning off background refresh, unpairing, setting up as a new watch rather than restoring from a backup. Nothing helped. Called Apple again, sent them my watch, got a replacement and THEN I paired the new watch with my phone (iPhone X) and I had the same terrible battery drain as before...
    Eventually, I figured that the problem must be phone, not the watch. Tried everything on the phone, even erased it and restored it from iCloud backup, but that didn’t help either... I’m really frustrated at this point and on the verge of throwing the watch out of the window. The last thing I can think of is erasing the phone and setting it up as new, but I’m really not gonna do that since this already sounds like a biggest pain in the a**.

So, I’m really curious to hear if anyone has similar problems with their Series 1 battery.

2. rugmankc macrumors 68000

rugmankc

I am trialing my son's S0 he is not using anymore. So, don't have an answer per se. But, battery life is pretty bad. Not lasting the day. Or, over nite if using a sleep app. I just want to test the S0 to see if i want the S3 or 4.

But, I did put it into Theater Mode this morning and had 75% left after 8 hours. As I said, not a solution. But, maybe a stop gap to get you thru day until you solve the issue.

3. DTECHQUE macrumors member

Have you tried a factory reset? Or cycle the battery (let it die and charge it back up 100%)?

4. infinitejest thread starter macrumors 6502

infinitejest

Yeah, like I said, I even got a completely new Watch as a replacement and have the same problem with it.

5. Corgirat macrumors regular

My s1 is pretty bad too. If I don’t have theatre mode on, it doesn’t last a day. Not to mention turning off all other features such as heart rate etc. I don’t know how long the watch should last..

6. Chomps1404 macrumors newbie

7. Corgirat macrumors regular

Do you have heart rate, activity and all that stuff turned on? And not needing to turn off raise to wake screen?
    --- Post Merged, Apr 18, 2018 ---
    Also, can you please check this for me? Does unlock with iPhone still work when you turn on the theatre mode on?

8. apolloa macrumors G4

Mine has all sensors in, breath and stand reminders on, alerts me to emails, phone calls. And it never seems to go below 50% really, some days down to 40% and that’s by the morning of the following day, if I’ve worn it to bed, I also have it on raise to wake the screen.

It’s currently at 80% and it’s 9:40PM. In fact the batteries been really impressive for me on my S1.

9. Corgirat macrumors regular

I’m so jealous! I always have unpairing error too. I’ve got an appointment at Apple store!

10. apolloa macrumors G4

Hmm doesn’t seem right to me, let us know how you get on, I have a 6S but want to upgrade at some point.

I had features disabled when I first started using the watch but realised as the battery life was pretty good I turned things on.

11. Jack Neill macrumors regular

Jack Neill

My S1 is 6 months old and from 6AM to 9PM I usually have around 40-60% left depending on how many notifications I had that day. I am very positive that 4.3 helped battery life a lot.

12. Corgirat macrumors regular

I just got battery replaced on 6s plus and hoping to keep it for another 2 Years. I kind of miss those days when we used to replace things when they actually broke. Technology lately is overwhelming :D
    --- Post Merged, Apr 18, 2018 ---
    My s1 is also 6 months old too. I started thinking mine could be a bad lemon. Mine is on 4.3 also but the battery didn’t improve.

13. infinitejest thread starter macrumors 6502

infinitejest

4.3 pretty much fixed the battery issues I was talking about in post #1 here for me, and now have around 40% left at the end of the day again.
    However, every now and then the issue is back for a day and the Watch goes below 10% at around 8 or 9pm, even though I didn't do anything different on that specific day, which is so weird... WatchOS is such a terrible OS... Since day one, I've been only experiencing problems...

14. Corgirat macrumors regular

By reading forum here, s3 seems to have much better battery usage time..

15. apolloa macrumors G4

I’m planning to upgrade this year, may get an X when the price drops or he new one of Apple reduces it price. So I need to know if it has any issues with the S1. I just would like a bigger screen and the camera is significantly improved, I had an 8 but sent it back as it wasn’t different enough, but tested the camera and it was quite a difference.

Of note I charged my S1 yesterday morning to full, wore it overnight and this morning it was at 80% or thereabouts.

16. Corgirat macrumors regular

Wow that’s an awesome battery life you are getting! Mine keeps on draining even when it’s sitting on the counter.
    Yes, I could use better picture quality than 6s that’s for sure. I’m not sure if Apple is working on this or not, but if they can improve battery life better than x that’s when I might change my mind:p