Series 1 Digital Crown click

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by amcottre, May 14, 2017.

1. amcottre macrumors newbie

Just got a series one last week (42mm grey) and when I was in a room the other day that was pretty silent I noticed the crown has a pretty audible click to it. More than the normal sound. It's a bit higher pitched tick when the button is pressed. I can't really hear it if there's a lot of noise around but at night for example I can and it's just enough that it's driving me nuts. Has anyone else noticed this or dealt with it? I'm not sure if it's something I should try to exchange the watch for.

2. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

It's normal. I have multiple Apple Watches and they all have different clicks. The Digital Crown has a softer click and others have a more of an audible tone. It's just that they're all manufactured slightly different.

Just continue to monitor it and if it becomes worse, then I would contact Apple.

3. amcottre thread starter macrumors newbie

Awesome. That makes me feel a bit better because I REALLY don't want to go through the hassle of trying to exchange it for something like this that for all I know could be worse on another one lol. I love the watch. It's literally the only thing that bugs me about it and I feel like I'm losing it because nobody else hears it. I'll keep an eye on it. Thanks for the quick reply.

4. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

No problem. Good luck.