Series 1 Packaging, AppleCare+, Adaptor

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Aml216, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Aml216 macrumors 6502a

Aml216

A mysterious location in the middle of nowhere
    Just got a Series 1 Apple Watch. I was a little disappointed by the packaging; I am comparing it to the packing of the original Apple Watch that came in a nice hard plastic case. I am enjoying the shorter charger cable though, the previous cable was too long. And I can't believe I am just now wondering this ... but, why does the apple watch charging cable not come with an adaptor?

Second, AppleCare+ ... my wife will be using my original Apple Watch for herself now. I do have AppleCare+ that is good until mid 2017. Is there anything I need to do to "transfer" this AppleCare+?

2. Balla4life8 macrumors newbie

Yeah i was really disappointed with the packaging as well. It didn't have that little plastic watch case like the First gen. I know its not a big deal, but it would have been cool having that. oh well

3. profets macrumors 68040

Any pictures you can share? I just got a series 2 today and the packaging was identical to the original SS.

4. AMTYVLE macrumors regular

AMTYVLE

This is only for the people who purchased the Aluminum versions.

5. profets macrumors 68040

I figured, but was just curious to see.

6. WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

7. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

I was quite bummed by the cable length. My wife's gen one cable is great for the nightstand. My series two is charging on the bathroom sink as a result of the shorter cable. Need to think of something better long term.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 16, 2016 ---
    It's just a cardboard box (think iPhone; packaging is actually very much like iPhone 7). There was a hard plastic case for the previous generation. It was nicer but I figure most people don't ever use it again anyway.