Series 1 v 2

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by sirenized, Sep 21, 2016.

1. sirenized macrumors regular

hey guys, seeking opinions from those of you who have had the watch for a while. I preserved the series 2 and now am doubting my need of it. I don't run. I don't swim. Yeah, I go for walks but do i need a GPS and waterproofing.

So should I save the 100 and go for the series 1 and maybe pick another band or should I just go with the 2 because i may regret it

2. kilcher, Sep 21, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2016

kilcher macrumors 65816

kilcher

I preordered the S2, ended up getting an S1 today. Really don't think I'm going to regret it at all and I'm usually the type of person that craves the latest and greatest..

3. BLuRRnAWAY macrumors newbie

I would ask yourself this, had the S2 been available to already own it, would you even question purchasing the 1?

I have the 2, and I love it. Even though I don't swim in a lap pool, I don't have to worry if I take a dip in the lake or ocean. Just extra reassurance.

4. Relentless Power macrumors G5

Relentless Power

Aside from the S2 processor and screen brightness, it seems a Series 1 would be your best fit. Being a stainless steel owner, I wish Apple would have made a Series 1 Stainless option.

5. Vihzel macrumors 6502

Would you really take it into a lake or ocean? I for sure would never take it with mine to the beach because sand = scratches scratches scratches. Thinking about all of those particles in the ocean rubbing against my watch makes me cringe.

6. matrix07 macrumors 68040

matrix07

7. kallyq macrumors regular

I purcased an s1 and like it. I do not run or swim...and the screen is bright enough :). I originally had a ss and am actually really happy with aluminum due to weight. I do not have to fix it every minute during exercise because it doesnt fall down my wrist!

8. tivoboy macrumors 68030

I think that net of the GPS, the brighter screen, bigger battery would be worth the 100$ price difference for me.. throw in better water proofing on the S2 and it's just another bonus.

9. seattlecard macrumors member

10. DestinyCalls macrumors member

DestinyCalls

i would take the S2
    its not that much difference in money but especially the waterproofing would give me a better feeling while washing the watch...
    and then if you buy S1 or S0 i would say buy S1 because the new processor may be an importent point in the feature especially for thirdparty apps and smoothness