Series 2 Apple Store Availability on 9/16

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by 7000, Sep 14, 2016.

1. 7000 macrumors newbie

Any word on the stock or availability for the Series 2 on launch day? Will they eventually open up for online reservations?

2. AppleRobert macrumors 603

I cannot see high demand for it initially, I would be surprised if there is not stock for walk ins. The only way there would not be is if the supply is limited, not because of demand but what was manufactured to begin with and dished out to each store.

I know reservations for iPhone 7 start at 7:00am for people to try to pick one up on release day. Probably the same for the AW unless not enough were shipped except to meet preorders.

3. BLuRRnAWAY macrumors newbie

I called my local apple store, they had said they WILL be receiving shipment of the new series 2. They did say they couldn't tell how many, or which model ect. They open at 8:00am for purchasing.

I had originally Pre-Ordered one, but I ordered it at 3:30am and my order was pushed till october. I cancelled it, and will take a chance in the store early morning.

4. dleavy macrumors newbie

how does release day pickup work? do you have to place an order online first somewhere? or can you simply go to the store at 8am and walk out with one?

5. HopefulHumanist macrumors 6502a

I would think both are options although buying it online for pickup would guarantee you would get one when you walk in. Otherwise, they might have sold out of the model you wanted by the time you get there.

6. dleavy macrumors newbie

thanks - and so friday morning around 8am the apple store should say "available for pickup in store" option or similar...?

7. HopefulHumanist, Sep 14, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2016

HopefulHumanist macrumors 6502a

I'm really unsure about when to check the website. I was planning on checking around midnight, in case it goes live then but I'm really not sure. But yeah, that will be the option it displays when they're ready.

EDIT: It looks like you were right about 8 am, at least based on this thread (the only one I could find) http://forums.macrumors.com/threads/best-times-to-check-for-restock-for-in-store-pickup.1925764/

8. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

I'm curious how they're going to treat lines. Will we all have to get in the same line (iPhone and Watch buyers)? I'm only interested in the Watch but very much not interested in standing in an ungodly long line lol.

Preorders are already 5-6 weeks back ordered on some models so I don't know what to think about demand.

9. AppleRobert macrumors 603

Most Apple stores are situated in a mall. The mall closest to me does not open its doors until a certain time then it is a free for all race to get on a line at the Apple Store.

I"m fast but not desperate enough to even want to deal with that. And since the iPhone 7 is coming out as well, good luck.