Series 2 Battery Life 38mm

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Bob190, Sep 18, 2016.

1. Bob190 macrumors 6502

Wow .. What a difference vs the Series 0.

Did a 2 hour bike ride this morning using the HR monitor on the watch, and with my phone along with me .. so didn't use the S2 GPS .. and at the end of the ride the battery was still 90% .. it was fully charged when I started. With the S0, the battery would normally be down to 70% or so after a two hour ride.

I guess the 33% bigger battery makes a huge difference.

2. Germwise macrumors regular

I would be very interested in hearing the battery life compared to the series 1. In other words, is the increased battery life coming from the battery or from the S2 processor.

I just purchased a 38mm Series 1. I'm having trouble making it through a day without running out of battery!

3. exxxviii macrumors 65816

exxxviii

Wow, that is impressive and exactly my observations with m S0. Battery dropped about 15%/hour during a workout.

4. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

With gps on the 42mm seems to take a mere 7% hit. Color me impressed. Glad I waited for this one. It's everything I wanted it to be. I was a little worried about HR sensor but it seems accurate at least comparing it to everything I can compare it to (Fitbit, gym equipment, etc). In other words it's plenty good enough for me. :)