Series 2 can't measure heartbeat

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by orbitalpunk, Sep 18, 2016.

1. orbitalpunk macrumors 6502

orbitalpunk

Just received a series and and the heartbeat sensor worked the first few times but since yesterday it fails every time saying its needs to be snug and to not move my arm. i don't see any sensor lights on. Should I be able to see the sensor lights when lifting it up from my wrist?

2. locksmack macrumors member

Yes, you should be able to see the green LEDs if you look underneath while it is 'measuring'. Possibly a faulty watch? I'd contact Apple.

3. orbitalpunk thread starter macrumors 6502

orbitalpunk

4. jamdex macrumors member

Bear in mind the watch isn't continuously checking when not in work out mode. I think its more like every 10 minutes.

5. iPhysicist macrumors 6502a

iPhysicist

I had the same problem in the morning with my original Apple Watch. Maybe a bug in watchOS 3. I tried 6 to 10 times to get a reading but with no luck. I then took it off and tried again and everything went back to normal.

6. orbitalpunk thread starter macrumors 6502

orbitalpunk

Im using the heart rate app. fails every time. no LED's. nothing. just worked for a day. also my iPhone 7 has a bad flash. first time ever getting so many defects. Its a bit concerning.

I tried different arms too. but that really shouldn't matter since the LED's are illuminating at all. I even restored the watch as a new watch and still no go.

7. kilcher macrumors 65816

kilcher

Have you tried rebooting the watch? I'm not sure if this would help but I see a lot of people suggest you also un-pair and re-pair the watch to the phone to fix common problems. Maybe worth a shot.

8. orbitalpunk thread starter macrumors 6502

orbitalpunk

i had mentioned I restored the phone watch as New Watch. Still no lucks. Surprising the heart rate sensor died in 2 days.

9. LoveToMacRumors macrumors 68020

LoveToMacRumors

What watch do you have?

10. BarracksSi macrumors 68040

BarracksSi

So, you did or didn't reboot the watch? Try that first before unpairing and re-pairing.

11. orbitalpunk thread starter macrumors 6502

orbitalpunk

I rebooted the watch and it didnt help. Then I unpaired and deleted all settings and content. Then re-paried it as a new watch. And nothing. It worked for the first 2 days. I'll just exchange it. since this issue hasn't been reported to many here, i take it as a fluke and not worry about my replacement.

My iP7, now thats another story. Returned it and will wait a month.