Series 2 Maps

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by kevinsays, Sep 24, 2016.

1. kevinsays macrumors newbie

kevinsays

I am really looking at getting a Apple watch for maps and help cycling around cities.

With the older watch it was useless on a bike (great walking) but too slow to update; it would notify me of a turn 1 minute after I've gone past the turning.

Is the experience any better with the new Series 2 with the build in GPS or is the lag between the iphone and apple watch still the same?

Cheers,
    Kev

2. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

I never tried the mag before. And I haven't biked with it yet. But I have driven. And it gives me alerts plenty ahead of time. Certainly not a mile Kate anyway (unsure if that was some exaggeration in your part or not).

3. exxxviii macrumors 65816

exxxviii

Good point. Mapping works great on the AWS0 while driving with no lags that affects usability.

4. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

I also don't understand the problem the OP is having. I have never noticed my S0 lagging in any way in giving me directions while diving at all speeds.

5. ManicMarc macrumors 6502

The problem I find it it never know which direction I'm facing, so I always need to get my phone out to use the compass. Hoping this is better with watchOS 3 / series 2.

6. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

The :apple:Watch (S2 too) doesn't have a Hall Effect chip (digital compass) so that can't be determined.