Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

smitty8202

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 18, 2011
Okinawa, Japan
So i ordered an series 2 about a week ago. This is my first Apple watch am really excited to get it. with that being said what are some thing i should look out for?

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Series 2 offers the GPS, added screen brightness, water resistance and upgraded processor.

You can disable the GPS function if you want to conserve battery life beyond 18 hours.

Enjoy.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
How do you disable GPS?

It's controlled through your activity application on our iPhone. When disabled, your Apple Watch isn't connected via the iPhone and communicating the triangulation of your coordinates. It actually results in 30% in a battery increase.

slappypig

macrumors member
Jun 26, 2015
Earth
What is the status of your order and what kind did you order? I ordered mine 8 days ago scheduled to deliver between 17-23 of January and still have the "Processing items" status. Ordered a Nike Sport in Black/Volt & Aluminum case.

It is my first AW as well.

the caveman

macrumors 6502
Aug 21, 2007
So i ordered an series 2 about a week ago. This is my first Apple watch am really excited to get it. with that being said what are some thing i should look out for?
You souod look out for how awesome it is. If non sapphire model, look out for not scratching the screen to hell

smitty8202

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 18, 2011
Okinawa, Japan
What is the status of your order and what kind did you order? I ordered mine 8 days ago scheduled to deliver between 17-23 of January and still have the "Processing items" status. Ordered a Nike Sport in Black/Volt & Aluminum case.

It is my first AW as well.
I ordered a space gray aluminum sport. Mine said it would get here 17-23 jam as well. But it left Kentucky this morning and will be delivered by end of day on the 10th but I won't have it in my hands till next week as I live in Okinawa, Japan and Apple won't ship here cause of the battery.

slappypig

macrumors member
Jun 26, 2015
Earth
I ordered a space gray aluminum sport. Mine said it would get here 17-23 jam as well. But it left Kentucky this morning and will be delivered by end of day on the 10th but I won't have it in my hands till next week as I live in Okinawa, Japan and Apple won't ship here cause of the battery.

Great! Good luck getting it soon and enjoy! I hope to have mine soon though it's still "processing"....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.