Series 2 shuts off if covered

xray328

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 2, 2010
Hey guys, from day one my series 2 would shut off if it was covered, when wearing a jacket for instance. I thought maybe a software update would fix the problem so I put it in the drawer and figured I'd come back to it later. Now it's 10 months down the road and the problem persists. Everything works fine until I cover it under my jacket, then I go to check the time and it's turned it self off. Anyone else experience this? I have no 3rd party apps installed, I've also confirmed I have the latest software.

kevinbeared

macrumors member
Oct 27, 2015
Hey guys, from day one my series 2 would shut off if it was covered, when wearing a jacket for instance. I thought maybe a software update would fix the problem so I put it in the drawer and figured I'd come back to it later. Now it's 10 months down the road and the problem persists. Everything works fine until I cover it under my jacket, then I go to check the time and it's turned it self off. Anyone else experience this? I have no 3rd party apps installed, I've also confirmed I have the latest software.
Well that's the first time i see someone buying something and really don't care that much if it works or not lol

Your watch has a problem, just go to an apple store and check with them

hlfway2anywhere

macrumors 65816
Jul 15, 2006
If you can replicate this problem why have you waited 10 months and still not gotten your watch serviced by Apple?

Reactions: BarracksSi

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
When you say it is turned off are you saying the whole watch has turned off or just the screen?

If it is the whole watch that is not normal for sure. If you can duplicate that at the Apple store they should replace it.