Series 2 UK ordered from 3rd party (Currys)

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by spencerlamb, Sep 17, 2016.

1. spencerlamb macrumors member

spencerlamb

I pre ordered series 2 on 12th from Currys as it stated "in stock, delivery Friday 16th" but no watch as of yet.

My last email stated processing order await dispatched confirmation. Contacted Currys CS and they told me they had not received any stock from Apple and to wait it out!

Anyone in the same boat? Or have any other information?

2. MadCar macrumors member

I had an online chat with them and they said they might get some stock in 3-5 days. It appears that JL, Currys and Argos in the UK didn't get the stop from Apple they expected.

I suspect this is the same issued that occurred with Best Buy. Apple seems to have been totally underprepared for the launch sales this time around and have let everyone down but those that managed to order it in the first 2-3 minutes of the 9th.

3. WombatWattBike macrumors member

I'm almost certain I've read on here that someone else had the 16th as delivery from Currys but was told the same as you but money had been taken and if no movement to request a refund which is absolutely crazy. I'd cancel and get your money back. I had thought about ordering from them last week but decided against it and now playing waiting game with Apple!

4. bavbavis macrumors newbie

I am in the same situation. I pre ordered because it said the series 2 would be available from the 16th. The last I notification I from them was the same day as I ordered (13th) and it said the order is being processed.

5. spencerlamb thread starter macrumors member

spencerlamb

That was myself, wait it out or request a refund. I'm holding out until next week to see if anything changes, fingers crossed

6. WombatWattBike macrumors member

Glad I wasn't imagining that!! Good luck

7. spencerlamb thread starter macrumors member

spencerlamb

Just hope that the stores get priority

8. KennethS macrumors regular

KennethS

I must be supremely lucky. I went on the Currys website yesterday morning because I heard they were discounting their remaining stock of series 0 watches (is that the right way of referring to them?). They were offering a discount but I saw they claimed to have series 2 in stock in the configuration I wanted. I would usually choose to collect in store but that option was not available and it said for home delivery only. At checkout I was able to pay an additional £3.95 and choose same day (evening) delivery. I figured why not and ordered it. Sure enough it was delivered last night!

42mm Space Grey aluminium with black sport band (Series 2).