Resolved Series 2 Watch No Longer Getting Stand Reminders on watchOS 4

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by WhollySchmidt, Sep 21, 2017.

1. WhollySchmidt macrumors newbie

I’ve run into exactly one other person with this problem online. Has anyone here run into this bug? I’ve switched the Stand Reminders setting off and back on again, I’ve restarted the watch a couple times, nothing I can do will make the stand reminders work again.

2. LouiseG macrumors member

LouiseG

3. floridonet macrumors regular

Yes, very annoying! It's no longer showing the translucent blue column that lets me know that I haven't stood up and walked around for the hour.

4. WhollySchmidt thread starter macrumors newbie

Hmm, that’s a little different from what mine’s doing.

When I open up the Activity app, I still see the bars indicating when I have or haven’t completed the goal for the hour. I just don’t get the notifications ten minutes before the end of the hour reminding me to stand if I haven’t already.

So when I check manually, I get accurate information, just no reminders when I’m not paying attention.

5. LouiseG macrumors member

LouiseG

I’ve just read on another forum to do the following: go to health app, top right to go into your profile. Hit edit and set wheelchair to No then restart watch. On mine the next hour is now visible with the light blue line. Will see if the notification comes through at 50 mins.

6. ericg301 macrumors 65816

How did anyone manage to find that setting?

7. Boardiesboi macrumors 65816

Boardiesboi

Same - I thought I was standing every hour and doing a good job of it.

But now I think about it, I haven't gotten a reminder since I installed the watchOS 4 beta (like 3 weeks ago)

8. floridonet macrumors regular

That's pretty much what I was thinking. I'm trying it to see if it works though.

9. WhollySchmidt thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for this tip. I’ve already hit my 12 hours for the day, so I won’t be able to test it for myself until tomorrow, but I passed it on to the other friend who has this problem and it fixed it for them.

10. LouiseG macrumors member

LouiseG

11. deuxani macrumors 6502a

deuxani

Wow, this solved the issue for me! I literally got a stand reminder 10 minutes after changing this setting (no need to restart even). This is ridiculous and must be a bug instead of intended behaviour.

12. testcard macrumors 68040

testcard

All I’m getting at the moment is a “Keep it going today” notification early in the morning with activity results from the previous day, but nothing else. Certainly not getting stand reminders or notification that I’ve completed a ring. I’ll try the workaround and see what happens.

13. WhollySchmidt thread starter macrumors newbie

Yup, I think it’s got to be a bug. I opened the Health app and just toggled the Wheelchair setting from the default “Not set” to on, and then back to “Not set”, and now I’m getting reminders again. So the Wheelchair setting doesn’t even have to be specifically set to off, just changing it does the trick to get the reminders working again.

Thanks again @LouiseG !

14. deuxani macrumors 6502a

deuxani

You would think the people at Apple would've noticed that they didn't receive any stand notifications anymore (especially their developers ;)).

By the way, I've left the wheelchair setting on No... as I'm not in a wheelchair :)

15. MacBird macrumors 6502a

I have the first generation Apple Watch and the stand reminders stopped working after installing OS 4. Changing the wheelchair setting and restarting watch and iPhone did not work for me. Are there any other suggestions?

16. testcard, Sep 24, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2017

testcard macrumors 68040

testcard

It doesn’t seem to be “Resolved”. However, yesterday I powered down iPhone completely and left Watch connected to home Wi-fi for a few minutes. Powered up IPhone again and within a couple of minutes I had Activity alerts and notifications, including the new animation. I’ve had the perfect week move notification and animation today.

17. kecinzer macrumors regular

kecinzer

I have Watch Series 3 and after watchOS 4.1 update I stop recieving stand up notification. I don't know what to do. I tried almost everything. I alreday have wheelchair: no in health data and tried reboot Watch. Nothing helped.