Series 3 crown glass cracked

CJRhoades

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 4, 2007
Lafayette, IN
I took off my watch to clean it today and noticed a faint line on the crown. After taking a closer look it seems that its cracked. I'm not sure how or when it happened. Nothings hit it recently and it's never been dropped. I wasn't even aware the red dot was glass, just assumed it was painted on or something. Doesn't look like anything can be done about it so I'm just hoping it doesn't get worse.

I tried searching to see if anyone else has experienced this but didn't find anything so I figured I'd share.

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
I took off my watch to clean it today and noticed a faint line on the crown. After taking a closer look it seems that its cracked. I'm not sure how or when it happened. Nothings hit it recently and it's never been dropped. I wasn't even aware the red dot was glass, just assumed it was painted on or something. Doesn't look like anything can be done about it so I'm just hoping it doesn't get worse.

I tried searching to see if anyone else has experienced this but didn't find anything so I figured I'd share.

That is interesting, and I have never observed a case like that before with the digital crown. It obviously impacted something, but fortunately it doesn’t affect the Digital Crown functionality.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.