Series 3 LTE battery issue

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by shawnjcullen, Apr 30, 2018.

1. shawnjcullen macrumors member

Hi Guys
    Had a read through some of the forums but haven’t seen any comments on this.
    My series 3 LTE is suffering at the moment. The battery continually drains. It’s 21:50 on an evening. Watch was at 100% charge this morning when I got up at 8:00am and I have just received notification of 10% so wanting to go into power saving mode. It has happened a few times now. Just lost 2% in the space of 10 minutes.
    Also when I went for a run yesterday (10K) the watch was juddery (using native workout app) and actually stalled twice. I gave up trying to record and had to restart it. I have done a “power off” thinking this may help but it hasn’t.
    Anyone else?
    Running 11.3.1 on iPhone X and WatchOS 4.3.
    So far been really pleased with the watch and battery life is usually flawless. Is this a known issue?
    ThankS
    Shawn

2. CobraPA macrumors 6502a

3. shawnjcullen thread starter macrumors member

Great question - only one recently - The Calculator Free. Will take it off and see if that makes a difference. Thanks for the response.

4. rugmankc macrumors 68000

rugmankc

5. shawnjcullen thread starter macrumors member

Nope. Been tethered to my phone all day today. Rarely use it without the phone bein tethered. Thanks.

6. bbednarz macrumors 6502a

bbednarz

I havent noticed it on my S3, but my S0 had random days where the battery would die really fast for no real reason. Has it been happening often or just a few random times?

7. shawnjcullen thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for response. Happened consistently over the last few days. I’m hoping restarting my phone and watch and deleting the calculator app (which appears to be the anomaly) will help this. I will report back.

8. sclawis300 macrumors 65816

May need to unpair and repair as well. I haven’t had your problem but I went out of town for one night and didn’t bring my charger. Watch was 75% when I went to bed and like 20% when I woke up. Super strange.

9. haralds macrumors 6502a

haralds

Unpairing and repairing seems to work wonders. Just went through it with mine.