Series 3 LTE issues confirmed by Apple.

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Peanut207, Sep 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peanut207 macrumors 6502

Peanut207

I’m not surprised that with Apples initial roll out of LTE on the Apple Watch that they are running into issues. The battery life when connected to LTE is also very bad which only makes it useful for very short spurts. You’ll need to reconnect to your phone shortly or charge your watch.

I think this article solidifies my decision to wait for series 4. I currently have the original series 0 space gray aluminum sport. Besides, spending $400+ every year or even every other year on a Watch is nuts to me. I already upgrade my phone every year, I don’t need to be doing it with a Watch now. Apple will iron out all the kinks. Hopefully LTE battery life will be improved and just maybe Apple will be able to slim down the watch a bit. I’d love for it to be a little slimmer. For those waiting on the series 3..good luck and enjoy!

https://www.theverge.com/2017/9/20/16337874/apple-watch-lte-connectivity-problems-software-update

2. matrix07 macrumors 601

matrix07

Sound like my issue on S2 that it tried to connect to the (known) public network that has a **** signal on my running route. I made my phone forgot that network and it turned to cellular and all was good.

3. profets macrumors 601

Oh man, while I'd love to see that happen I can't see how it would be easy or even possible in the near future.

I just want to see battery life improved for workouts (when GPS and HR are active), not to mention LTE.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.