Series 3 LTE Nike Scratches

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by PBz, Nov 9, 2017.

1. PBz macrumors 65816

PBz

I have had this Watch for about 10 days. I have been stupid careful. Now have a scratch across top left corner.

Is this indicative? Is it a given the non-sapphire will get all scratched up. Not digging this.

2. edhchoe macrumors 6502a

edhchoe

I have non Nike sport aluminum Lte and I have not been super careful. It’s been a month and a half and the watch is scratch free. I won’t be upgrading to Ss next year.

3. TallGuyGT macrumors regular

TallGuyGT

My Nike's screen has light scratches but the body is perfect. My stainless steel's screen is perfect, but the body has very light scratches. It's a watch, normal wear and tear.

4. Relentless Power, Nov 9, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2017

Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

It depends how deep the scratch is, it could be just on the oleophobic coating. However, when I did own the sport model watch, I was not really impressed with the Ion-X Glass. My sapphire display on the stainless has no scratches however.

5. klymr macrumors 65816

I've had my Space Gray Series 2 for 1 year and 2 days. Not a scratch on the screen and only one tiny, barely noticeable ding in the case that happened on my wedding day more than 7 months ago (I think I hit it on the railing of the stairs at my in-laws house). I'm honestly quite surprised that it has held up as well as it has over the last year.

6. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

My edition S3 glass and body are perfect.
    My S2 Nike surely not yielding the same characteristics as the edition

7. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

Naturally the Series 2 Nike is not going to be nearly as durable as the ceramic is On the Edition model.

8. perezr10 macrumors 6502a

I had a Sport and my experience is yes, they scratch about as easily as an iPhone screen. That's why I ended up going to the SS version.

MacRumors seems to have the highest per capita concentration of non-sapphire watch owners who've never had a single scratch. If you try to buy an Apple Watch on eBay used without a sapphire screen, they almost all have scratches. So don't worry about your scratch, it's fairly normal.

9. TxExCxH macrumors regular

TxExCxH

Unfortunately I had the same experience. I have been so careful and I have a scratch on the bottom corner. Only had it for a month.

10. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

I agree with what you're saying here. And for those who are purchasing used Apple Watches off eBay, likely are not as particular about the condition as they are about wanting to experience the Apple Watch.

11. MacWorld78 macrumors regular

I also have AW3 Nike sport without LTE - I wear daily and use treadmill 3 times a week at the gym.

There is no single Scratches as I'm currently using a "Spigen Rugged Armor" like this below image:

[​IMG]

12. BugeyeSTI macrumors 6502

BugeyeSTI

That's neat. Any pics on the watch?

13. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

I think for the gym or a rugged working environment, I do think this is something I would consider. Especially around weights, where most seem to hit their Apple Watch on and cause damage.

14. MacWorld78, Nov 14, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2017

MacWorld78 macrumors regular

DDEB454A-F363-47C2-A63B-5FD0E734C775.jpeg D7253C8C-EEC1-4C8C-9C50-624A3D418550.jpeg E8CD5AB4-0848-4AFC-B39D-48DA8391FD53.jpeg BBEDEEE8-5A48-411F-BA43-949663A70EA0.jpeg
    --- Post Merged, Nov 14, 2017 ---
    This watch looks great for sport type but still look great for casual wear - maybe I should change the strap will do the trick (I don’t have any strap - I’m still hunting), in fact i wouldn’t want to wear that watch for smart dress up. :D

15. Pseudo-Fed macrumors member

I have that Spigen armor case and their band. The combo makes the watch look like a nice G-shock. However, I quit using the case (or any case) on my S2SS watch because of all the small scratches that dirt and debris inside the case caused to the watch case. Some buffed out, but some did not. I will never put another case on a watch because it seems to cause hazing, scratches, and some of the very wear I'm trying to avoid. I do wear the band, and it is the best I've found for the watch.