Series 3 LTE screen issue

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by chillip, Oct 1, 2017.

1. chillip macrumors 6502a

When outside in day light I can see the edges of the screen all the way around. It looks like a very dark grey colour. I don’t notice it much on my series 0. Can only notice it when outside. Anyone else?

2. chillip thread starter macrumors 6502a

You can see the faint area in top left and all round screen.

Attached Files:

3. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

I don't believe its abnormal. There were some other threads created similarly to your topic a while back. And other owners with the Series 2 noticed the same thing, but I don't believe it's anything to be concerned with or a defect of any sort.

4. chillip thread starter macrumors 6502a

Cheers for the reply
    --- Post Merged, Oct 1, 2017 ---
    I don’t suppose you can locate those threads, I can’t find any, thanks

5. edhchoe macrumors 6502a

edhchoe

6. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

I will try to see if I can find any, they are likely buried pages deep. But as someone else mentioned, it very well could be the antenna is what you're seeing as well.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 1, 2017 ---
    I found one so far. Not a lot of information attached. Similar to yours though.

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/screen-problem.2025303/

7. chillip thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks. Think my issue is different. The issue doesn’t go away when screen is off so must be just they way it is.

8. Senfinger macrumors member

Mine isn't like that in the Sun... You are still in the return policy- I would order one and return it unless your store has them locally. I had to return mine due to a hardware issue per Apple.

9. chillip thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah going to try and get one tomorrow and compare. Few folks on reddit says it’s normal.

10. Senfinger macrumors member

Thats a good idea... hadn't seen that on Reddit yet- Been trying to keep up with everything due to my issues.

11. Mr. Wonderful macrumors 6502a

I noticed this, too. Unfortunately, it's one of those things, once you see it, you can't unsee it.

An edge-to-edge curved OLED screen on a future Watch is going to be a game changer.

12. chillip thread starter macrumors 6502a

On a series 3? Thanks

13. chillip thread starter macrumors 6502a

So I got another one today and it has EXACTLY the same issue. So not a defect. I hope this helps other people with the same concerns and OCD. The other ones in the Apple store also had the same characteristics.

14. hlfway2anywhere macrumors 65816

Mine looks like that too and I noticed it the first moment I removed it from the box.

15. chillip thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah all of them seem to be like it. I’m happy now. I checked at least 6 and bought another one to check property at home. Turns out my brother wants one so need to return it.

16. Nonentity macrumors member

I was just going to post here asking about the same thing. Never had it on my Series 0. As it’s widely reported are we saying this is within operational range?

Attached Files:

17. chillip thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yes perfectly normal. I looked at a few in Apple store and bought another to double check. My friends series 2 is the same.