Series 3 or 4

Dualvansmommy

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 31, 2014
I own several apple devices but never had a watch. Now I want one for myself, only just cannot decide between the 3 to 4 series. I really want the heart aspect of the watch, so which one would you recommend to someone who never owned a watch?

Also, cellular or without? I do go out for a run whether outside or at my gym and sometimes I like to have my phone near me in case my kids school call me, but hate having my phone with me as found it too distracting,

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
I own several apple devices but never had a watch. Now I want one for myself, only just cannot decide between the 3 to 4 series. I really want the heart aspect of the watch, so which one would you recommend to someone who never owned a watch?

Also, cellular or without? I do go out for a run whether outside or at my gym and sometimes I like to have my phone near me in case my kids school call me, but hate having my phone with me as found it too distracting,
The Series 4 in terms of having the most improved heart rate sensor and calibration, that would be my recommendation.

Additionally, I think in order to appreciate the cellular option, it doesn’t have to benefit you in every situation, but it’s those ‘specific’ situations where you can leave your phone behind, where the watch can act as a ‘middle ground’ device for a quick call or text message.