Series 3 SS Box

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by StoneCold X, Sep 27, 2017.

1. StoneCold X macrumors regular

Anyone else disappointed with the change in packaging of the Series 3 SS watches?

My Series 2 SS was in a nice plastic box with the microsuede lining and a hard plastic holder for the watch. My Series 3 didn't have the same nice plastic box. It was just the regular cardboard box with the microsuede lining and a cheap cardboard holder for the watch.

It looks like the Series 3 Edition has the same packaging that my Series 2 SS had

I know it's a minor complaint but it's the nice touches that come with buying a premium watch.

2. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

I was shocked too. Now the ceramic Edition models only get the plastic boxes. The plastic boxes are nice for transport and or storing the Apple Watch. It would have been nice for Apple to continue to keep including the plastic box for the stainless model, as that made it somewhat more exclusive for the price point.

3. Brookzy macrumors 601

Brookzy

Yep. Cost cutting it seems.

I mean, it is better for the environment too. And that was cited as the reason for the standalone strap packaging changing (Leather Loop, Milanese Loop, and Link Bracelet used to come in a hard box, now it's just the paper packaging like everything else).

I'm sure they could've designed a travel case that was fully recyclable and used minimal materials, and I wish they did.

4. Breezygirl macrumors 6502a

Breezygirl

And the Hermès also has the inside plastic box.

5. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

That's what I meant. Only the Hermes includes the plastic box that encases the Apple Watch. The stainless model used to include it, but no longer does After the Series 2.

6. AidenL macrumors 6502

That is disappointing, that box did add to the quality feel.

7. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

From my understanding, not even the stainless steel link bracelet or Milanese loop includes the plastic box anymore. That also gave it a nice touch that made it seem more premium for the amount of money the consumer was spending.

8. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Pretty standard MO for Apple and their product lines. Disappointing, but not surprising.