Series 4 availability better in Europe than North America

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by MisterAndrew, Oct 12, 2018.

1. MisterAndrew macrumors 65816

MisterAndrew

I’m planning to purchase one as a Christmas gift and after I found out which one she wants I missed it by 28 minutes at one of the local stores. It hasn’t come back in stock since last week within a couple hundred miles. It’s available at most stores in Europe as are several other models that have poor availability in North America. So why is Apple sending more watches to Europe?

B8CCBD80-C4BC-4FF8-8AED-CD590AA09F11.jpeg 1BAEACFE-7CB4-44BE-8FAA-CEA8EE480A4D.jpeg

2. tromboneaholic Suspended

tromboneaholic

Europe has twice as many people as the US. Needs twice as many Watches.

3. the future macrumors 65816

Also, Europe did get way less Stainless Steel models than the US.

4. cwanja macrumors 6502a

I disagree with your map, or your post. I am assuming your post is specifically looking for a model - but you did not state that. I just pulled up istocknow and there is all about 3 or 4 US stores that have no specific model of the Apple Watch available in stock. The hundreds other all have something in stock.

Additionally, if you followed any of the delivery date threads, a lot of UK members got their Apple Watch sooner than US counterparts that ordered the same model.

So what specific Apple Watch are you looking for?

5. MisterAndrew thread starter macrumors 65816

MisterAndrew

The maps shows the availability of the model I’m looking for. It doesn’t matter which one it is. You can select different models to view the availability of each one. In general it appears availability is still poor in NA, and also most the rest of the world, than Europe. The population argument doesn’t hold up because Apple should be supplying a quantity of watches to satisfactorily meet demand and because supply is good there that means they are sending too many watches to Europe (too many are remaining unsold in stores). Similarly they are sending too few watches to NA.

6. Absrnd macrumors 6502a

Absrnd

I'm sorry (not really) that we Europeans have more Watches to buy then you :/

7. tromboneaholic Suspended

tromboneaholic