Series 4 Heart Rate Errors

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Baffgate, Sep 24, 2018.

1. Baffgate macrumors newbie

Moved from a SS Series 3 to an Al Series 4 and have noticed a real large fluctuation in the heart rates jumping from 70’s to 183 and then to 53 sitting watching TV. Also noticed a much higher average and resting heart rate when compared to my Series 3. So spoke to Apple Suport tonight and now getting a call back as they said “we have noticed a significant number of calls about this and we are trying to engineer a solution”. Any one else notice this?
    --- Post Merged, Sep 24, 2018 ---
    The heart rates here are from the Series 3 but the rest is the chat with Apple support

Attached Files:

2. FlyingScot macrumors member

FlyingScot

Yes, in general mine shows quite high, especially when I cross compare with my Jabra heart or elliptical sensors. It can be correct at times, but not consistent enough to trust yet

3. CaptMarvel macrumors 65816

CaptMarvel

4. kallyq macrumors regular

Mine seems to be tracking really high too. Sitting in a meeting today I was at about 100. It wasn't a stressful meeting.

5. Baffgate thread starter macrumors newbie

Spoke with Snr Tech this morning. The recommended soln from the Apple is to ensure you are wearing the watch 2” from the wrist and to send photos of the errors. It seems this is quite a common issue as they expect a response within a week given “the current volume of similar cases”

6. Smurphy Gherkin macrumors 6502

Sorry you guys are seeing errors. Mine has been a great improvement on series 2, which would record frequently higher.

7. Scott-n-Houston macrumors 6502a

I’m in this camp. Mine seems lower and hopefully more accurate.

8. Smurphy Gherkin macrumors 6502

Lower across the board?

My problem with S2 was lots of occasional nearly half or double readings, and when manually triggering a reading while lying down and stable I would get a 85, 78, 72 etc sequence, with the early readings always being high. (Checked via independent means)

Series 4 has been dramatically better for me, but it’s only been four days and I haven’t done workouts yet.

9. georgedanton macrumors newbie

Just got the new series 4 Apple Watch and was initially very impressed with the heart rate. My series 3 would do quite well with an outdoor run and walk but would not do well while playing hockey or swimming. New Series 4 seems to be bang on for hockey and swimming. However, when I went for an outdoor run it was way off! It would not change and stayed at the same reading of 126 for nine minutes, and I know I was a lot harder than that. After that it went to 146 for five minutes and I know I was not that high . Has anyone else experienced this?

10. jon08 macrumors 68000

I’m still on S3 but yeah I’ve experienced it too before...