Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AppleAlex!

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 28, 2011
UK
I just took delivery of my 44mm Silver Stainless steel and have found that my classic buckle band doesn’t really fit very well and sticks out from the body quite a lot once on my wrist and tight. Some of the other bands also do similar but not quite as bad. Anyone else had this issue with any other bands?

Attachments

• 801856DA-AFAC-44B1-AB8D-B2A5A25956B5.jpeg
    801856DA-AFAC-44B1-AB8D-B2A5A25956B5.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 489

idealcheese

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2014
Ugh that's not good. Is your band Apple brand? If so, you should be able to complain and get this fixed because they advertised the new watch as being compatible with previous bands.

AppleAlex!

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 28, 2011
UK
Ugh that's not good. Is your band Apple brand? If so, you should be able to complain and get this fixed because they advertised the new watch as being compatible with previous bands.

Yeah it’s a genuine brand new Classic Buckle band, only bought it last week. I’m going to book a Genius Bar appointment for next week and go in with the watch and my bands and see what they say. At the very least I will be returning the Classic Buckle, which is a real shame as it looks so smart!

daveak

macrumors 6502
Jun 28, 2009
Durham, UK
38mm to a 40mm here, space grey milanese loop, fits perfectly. It did stick out a little after first attaching, but that was my fault for not pushing it in fully.

noteple

macrumors 68000
Aug 30, 2011
Apple bands should fit flush
Knockoffs That didn’t will be more noticeable with new case

Can’t wait to see what Apple will do If their bands are an issue

However I’ve seen some mouth open looks when some complaints are told it’s not our band

Like when the gf finds out those birthday earrings are cz

AppleAlex!

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 28, 2011
UK
It’s a genuine band purchased from an Apple store, so either my Apple Watch is defective or I have a band that is outside of the normal tollerence
[doublepost=1537541325][/doublepost]
38mm to a 40mm here, space grey milanese loop, fits perfectly. It did stick out a little after first attaching, but that was my fault for not pushing it in fully.

I purchased with a Milanese loop this year and it almost sits flush. I’m thinking maybe I have a bad band connector or something...

Last edited:

AppleAlex!

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 28, 2011
UK
Attended a Genius Bar appointment on Saturday, they let me return the Classic Buckle, but apparently the poor band fit is a non issue. There is a tiny difference between bands designed for 42mm and 44mm and that is what makes them not fit quite as nicely... at least that was there reasoning!

Nozuka

macrumors 68040
Jul 3, 2012
That makes no sense, since other bands fit perfectly... did they try/check out another classic buckle?

AppleAlex!

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 28, 2011
UK
That makes no sense, since other bands fit perfectly... did they try/check out another classic buckle?

They tried my Classic Buckle in a series 3 and it fitted perfectly, unfortunately the Classic Buckle is no longer a current series so had no stock to swap or anything else to try!

My other bands (Sport and Woven Nylon) fit better, but they still pull out of the body a little once on my wrist tight

Attachments

• IMG_0032.jpg
    IMG_0032.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 180

iamasmith

macrumors 6502a
Apr 10, 2015
Cheshire, UK
Wow, that looks poor.

At first when I looked at it I thought, no you must have a 40mm watch with a 42mm strap as that would clearly explain exactly what you have but I'm sure you know :eek:

AppleAlex!

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 28, 2011
UK
Wow, that looks poor.

At first when I looked at it I thought, no you must have a 40mm watch with a 42mm strap as that would clearly explain exactly what you have but I'm sure you know :eek:

Haha yeah don't worry Im not incompetent :p

I have training on the  Watch on how to put them on customers etc as I used to work for an Apple Premium Reseller!

tromboneaholic

Suspended
Jun 9, 2004
Clearwater, FL
I just took delivery of my 44mm Silver Stainless steel and have found that my classic buckle band doesn’t really fit very well and sticks out from the body quite a lot once on my wrist and tight. Some of the other bands also do similar but not quite as bad. Anyone else had this issue with any other bands?
That's really odd. I have an aluminum Series 4, and even the third-party bands from Amazon have connectors that are flush all the way around.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.