Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

automan98

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 25, 2005
Yea..yea...it just came out, but looking for people to take a best guess on when pricing might drop around $50 on the Apple Watch Series 4. I think there were some Black Friday price drops on the Series 3 last year.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Yea..yea...it just came out, but looking for people to take a best guess on when pricing might drop around $50 on the Apple Watch Series 4. I think there were some Black Friday price drops on the Series 3 last year.

Maybe black Friday, but if it does apply, it likely just would be with aluminum model and not the stainless.

jwlbel

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2012
Or you can buy it today from either B&H or ABT and save on tax.

squirrrl

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2013
San Diego, CA
There weren't any price drops on series 3 last year. Definitely not $50 less. I know. I looked all over since I was going to buy one. Was even looking at the discontinued series 2 back then but the only thing that was on sale around Black Friday was series 1.

I think probably it will be the same in that series 3 will see a drop but not series 4

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Right now. BestBuy open-box returns.

You Address an interesting point, for anyone considering A ‘Best Buy open box Apple Watch’, make sure you power it on [in the store], check to see that the accessories are included, Best Buy has a horrible reputation for being known not to check their products for open box items, even though they do have a return/warranty, there have been some poor experiences with other members buying Apple Watch open box items with the watch not functioning or missing items.

newellj

macrumors G3
Oct 15, 2014
East of Eden
You Address an interesting point, for anyone considering A ‘Best Buy open box Apple Watch’, make sure you power it on [in the store], check to see that the accessories are included, Best Buy has a horrible reputation for being known not to check their products for open box items, even though they do have a return/warranty, there have been some poor experiences with other members buying Apple Watch open box items with the watch not functioning or missing items.

Yes. You can have a bases-loaded home run with these, or foul out.

ApplePersonFreak

macrumors 65816
Sep 23, 2016
There weren't any price drops on series 3 last year. Definitely not $50 less. I know. I looked all over since I was going to buy one. Was even looking at the discontinued series 2 back then but the only thing that was on sale around Black Friday was series 1.

I think probably it will be the same in that series 3 will see a drop but not series 4

Exactly, and with ship dates into mid-November and the demand so high, there’s no way that’s going to happen.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.