Series 4 Price Drop Timing

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by automan98, Oct 11, 2018.

1. automan98 macrumors regular

Yea..yea...it just came out, but looking for people to take a best guess on when pricing might drop around $50 on the Apple Watch Series 4. I think there were some Black Friday price drops on the Series 3 last year.

2. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Maybe black Friday, but if it does apply, it likely just would be with aluminum model and not the stainless.

3. newellj macrumors 604

4. jwlbel macrumors regular

Or you can buy it today from either B&H or ABT and save on tax.

5. squirrrl macrumors 6502a

squirrrl

There weren't any price drops on series 3 last year. Definitely not $50 less. I know. I looked all over since I was going to buy one. Was even looking at the discontinued series 2 back then but the only thing that was on sale around Black Friday was series 1.

I think probably it will be the same in that series 3 will see a drop but not series 4

6. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

You Address an interesting point, for anyone considering A ‘Best Buy open box Apple Watch’, make sure you power it on [in the store], check to see that the accessories are included, Best Buy has a horrible reputation for being known not to check their products for open box items, even though they do have a return/warranty, there have been some poor experiences with other members buying Apple Watch open box items with the watch not functioning or missing items.

7. newellj macrumors 604

Yes. You can have a bases-loaded home run with these, or foul out.

8. ApplePersonFreak macrumors 6502a

Exactly, and with ship dates into mid-November and the demand so high, there’s no way that’s going to happen.