Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jcborden

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 20, 2012
My S3 always showed the traffic conditions to work in the morning and to home in the evenings which was really convenient. I have now upgraded to the S4, have maps enabled on the Siri watch face, but it shows nothing. Now it has only been two full days since I got it - does it just take a while before it will start showing up or is there another setting required to get traffic showing?

RodThePlod

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2005
London
Does the Maps Destinations widget which shows this information still appear on your iPhone? I had the same problem with my Watch, and was frustrated by it. But it had also stopped appearing in the Maps Destinations widget on my iPhone, so there was no way it would appear on my Watch.

What I ended up doing was going into Settings, General, Reset on my iPhone, and resetting Location & Privacy.

This fixed the problem for me, and I now see the destination estimations (traffic is light, traffic is heavy, take xxx route, etc. etc.) on both my iPhone and in the Siri face on my Watch.

NOTE: After doing the reset, whenever you start an app that uses location/privacy for the first time, you'll have to grant that app permission again. I'm not sure if there's another way to fix this issue, but the above certainly worked for me.

Reactions: tromboneaholic

HDJulie

macrumors demi-goddess
Jun 13, 2008
Little Rock, AR
I don't use the traffic on a watch face, but every time I got in my car to go to work or to come home, once my phone connected to my car, I got a notification of the time to get to my destination & what the traffic was. In another thread, someone said that it takes about 10 days for it to learn your habits & tonight for the first time since I got the S4, it told me the time & traffic for the trip home.

jcborden

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 20, 2012
Does the Maps Destinations widget which shows this information still appear on your iPhone? I had the same problem with my Watch, and was frustrated by it. But it had also stopped appearing in the Maps Destinations widget on my iPhone, so there was no way it would appear on my Watch.

What I ended up doing was going into Settings, General, Reset on my iPhone, and resetting Location & Privacy.

This fixed the problem for me, and I now see the destination estimations (traffic is light, traffic is heavy, take xxx route, etc. etc.) on both my iPhone and in the Siri face on my Watch.

NOTE: After doing the reset, whenever you start an app that uses location/privacy for the first time, you'll have to grant that app permission again. I'm not sure if there's another way to fix this issue, but the above certainly worked for me.

Thanks for the info. I checked my iPhone and it wasn't showing any map destinations on the widget so did the reset as you described and this is now working (on the iPhone).

As of yet my watch hasn't Siri face hasn't shown the traffic, but I will give it a few days and see if it starts to pop up!

RodThePlod

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2005
London
Thanks for the info. I checked my iPhone and it wasn't showing any map destinations on the widget so did the reset as you described and this is now working (on the iPhone).

As of yet my watch hasn't Siri face hasn't shown the traffic, but I will give it a few days and see if it starts to pop up!

Great - once it's working on the phone, it should eventually start showing on the Watch.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.