Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chuckstones

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 28, 2012
I don’t know if I’m just unlucky. But I had a series 3 up until 3 weeks ago. And due to its well known rebooting problem
(which has now been fixed seemingly with a recent update). I traded it in for a blue series 6 cellular!
however last night I noticed the apple logo on the screen and thought oh no not again and on a new watch!!
I thought it was maybe a one off. But today at work it rebooted twice.
I really wish I had kept my series 3 now they seem to have fixed it. And am seriously thinking of sending it back
and doing without an AW as I have lost complete faith in them!
I have done a forced reboot and just set up as new watch but am not holding my breath!
anyone else had their new AW 6 reboot?
I am beginning to wonder if the problem lies at the phone end!!

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Apr 21, 2012
England
I have had every generation of the Apple Watch, including the series 6, and never once had this problem. It seems to me as though there might be an app on yours which is causing it.

I think it’s a good idea what you’ve done by setting it up as new. It now wouldn’t surprise me at all if you don’t see the reboot issue. But please do feedback on here to let us know how you get on.

Chuckstones

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 28, 2012
Thanks for your reply stumpy.?
I only have 2 3rd party apps installed. Shazam and my banking app.
I would have thought a lot of people have these with no issues!
keeping fingers crossed that setting up as new will sort it. But I’m constantly looking to see
if it’s asking for password. It drove me mad with AW3!

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Apr 21, 2012
England
Keep all 3rd party apps off your watch for now and give it a couple of days. Then perhaps add back, assuming no more crashes, one at a time, your most used ones...

magicschoolbus

macrumors 68020
May 27, 2014
I actually have a s6 that I picked up yesterday that also just rebooted. New watch OS seems pretty glitchy.

brentc133

macrumors regular
Jan 31, 2012
My AW5 with OS7.1 recently started to reboot. Seems to be when I get a text and try to open it on the watch, the watch reboots to the Apple logo. I think it started after updating to WatchOS7.1.

Chuckstones

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 28, 2012
Watch is running fine now. it was definitely one of the only two 3rd party apps I had installed causing the problem!
one was Night Sky. The other my banking app. No reboots for several days now!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.