Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

virnew

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 13, 2019
Hello,

I have ordered a Series 7 and I'm a bit confused with MagSafe Duo.
Will it fast charge at the new improved speed?

I don't mind about the iPhone part since I have a 12 and not planning to upgrade.

If someone could shed a little bit of light on it I'd be grateful :)

Cheers

Jws

macrumors regular
Aug 16, 2013
AR
Testing conducted by Apple in August 2021 using preproduction Apple Watch Series 7 (GPS) and Apple Watch Series 7 (GPS + Cellular) with Apple Watch Magnetic Fast Charging USB-C Cable (Model A2515) and Apple 20W USB-C Power Adapter (Model A2305), as well as Apple Watch Series 6 (GPS) and Apple Watch Series 6 (GPS + Cellular) with Apple Watch Magnetic Charging Cable (Models A2255 and A2256) and Apple 5W USB Power Adapter (Model A1385); each Apple Watch paired with an iPhone, all devices tested with prerelease software. Charge time varies with region, settings, and environmental factors; actual results will vary.

The above is the footnote for the 33% faster charging claim on the Apple Watch Series 7 store page. I'm going to wager it will only work as I noted in bold.

gomichaelgo

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2016
This kind of sucks. I am confused how they have product in pipeline for years and don't think of stuff like this and being more cohesive.

virnew

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 13, 2019
Thank you for your comments.
Looks like, as of now, we only have the new usb-c charging cable to fast charge.
We have a MagSafe Duo with poor fit with the 13 and none fast charge for the Series 7. Starting to get messed up.
Thanks Jesus I took this to the forum before spending a kidney on the duo.

Cheers!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.