Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

paulmacbeth

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 28, 2010
Hi,

Looking to see if anyone has changed from a series 7 to an SE (2nd Gen)? I’m considering changing because I have a 41mm series 7 and want the bigger screen of the 44mm SE.

Not sure if it’s a good move or I would regret the downgraded features. I don’t really use the health features other than the heart rate tracking for workouts and keeping an eye on my resting heart rate.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Howard2k

macrumors 603
Mar 10, 2016
Compare the features and see which ones you use. You’d lose AOD, updated optical heart rate sensor, ECG, the more space efficient screen design (smaller bezels), fast charging etc.

Seems like a lot to give up for a larger screen but with larger bezels.

Saturn007

macrumors 68000
Jul 18, 2010
Find a friend or family member to gift or sell your current 7 to and pick up a replacement 44mm 7-9!

You could welll miss the features, including blood oxygen (that would rule out *new* AW 9s) and ECG, that could prove a life saver.

Do you currently have cellular on your watch? If not, that's another thing to look for in your jump to 44mm.

Bandeeto

macrumors member
Dec 16, 2020
I don’t think the screen of the 44mm is actually that much bigger than that of the 41, it would be minimal at best.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.