Series of Questions

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by s2smooth4u, Aug 6, 2008.

1. s2smooth4u macrumors regular

Ok so first off im new to the forums, so hi all.

Ok so I have had my iphone 3g sense last thursday and I love it. I was looking at my old iphone and was thinking maybe I could use it as an ipod. Now I hooked it up to my comp and restored it. I didnt set it up or pick a plan. The phone just keeps saying searching for service. I put all my songs on. I went to check my account on cingular and it said i had the original iphone.

Even though i cant call or use the phone will I be charged for both phones!?!? For my second question if I take the sim card out the original iphone will i still be able to use it as an ipod or will it be stuck on connect to itunes and activate!?

Thanking all in advance for the help!

2. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

if AT&T website says your bieng charged for the first gen. iPhone, when in turn your actually using the 3G iPhone....be happy!!! your saving some money! dont worry about that!..lol, but no idea about the other questions..

3. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Yep, shouldn't be a problem. There's other threads dedicated to your questions, but sometimes you have to put in the exact wording. "iPhone as an iPod Touch," or something like that. :cool:

4. s2smooth4u thread starter macrumors regular

thanks I guess I will keep the phone on until I see a bill!