Series0 keeps disconnecting from charger

Jordan246

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 8, 2014
hi i have a question. I have a space grey Apple Watch series0 and when it’s connected to the charger sometimes it disconnects from the charger if it was taken off. Also sometimes it says that the charger is not supported and it is the official charger. If you could please write back. I would appreciate it. Thanks

friednoodles

Suspended
Feb 4, 2014
hi i have a question. I have a space grey Apple Watch series0 and when it’s connected to the charger sometimes it disconnects from the charger if it was taken off. Also sometimes it says that the charger is not supported and it is the official charger. If you could please write back. I would appreciate it. Thanks
It could be the watch itself, or it could be the charge cable. The original charge cable for my S0 watch died about two months ago out of the blue, so perhaps that's something to check if it does it regularly and you happen to know someone with another cable that you could test it with.

Jordan246

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 8, 2014
It could be the watch itself, or it could be the charge cable. The original charge cable for my S0 watch died about two months ago out of the blue, so perhaps that's something to check if it does it regularly and you happen to know someone with another cable that you could test it with.

Yea but it does it sometimes it will charge but it will disconnect from the charger and sometimes it shows that the accessory is not supported but it is the original charger? Someone please help here

GeekyGrannie

macrumors member
May 15, 2015
Yea but it does it sometimes it will charge but it will disconnect from the charger and sometimes it shows that the accessory is not supported but it is the original charger? Someone please help here
I have been having these same problems. I spent a lot of time checking various cables and chargers with no consistent result until I started taking the band off before charging the watch. Since then I have been able to get my watch to charge reliably again. I have a theory that a software update has altered the sensitivity of the watch-to-puck contact.

Jordan246

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 8, 2014
I have been having these same problems. I spent a lot of time checking various cables and chargers with no consistent result until I started taking the band off before charging the watch. Since then I have been able to get my watch to charge reliably again. I have a theory that a software update has altered the sensitivity of the watch-to-puck contact.

I dont know because it started doing this after the update to watchos 4

mguzzi

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2014
Columbia SC
I am having the same issue. I have only been able to get my watch to charge in night stand mode which is sitting up, not laying flat using the 5v plug.

I also started having the same problem with my iPhone where it won't charge using the iPad plug. It must be something with iOS 11 and Watch OS 4.