Series2 faster at unlocking Mac than Series0?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by eoblaed, Oct 6, 2016.

1. eoblaed, Oct 6, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2016

eoblaed macrumors 68000

eoblaed

(edit: I meant Series 0, not Series 1)

I love the ability of the Apple Watch to unlock my Mac. I have a Series 0 right now and the feature works great ... though it is a little slow. Not slow enough that it gets in the way, but it does take a few seconds after I wake up the screen for it to actually unlock it. If I were to immediately type my pw and not make any mistakes, I would be able to unlock faster on maybe 50% of my attempts, I would guess. So, I will tap my keyboard when I'm sitting down to let the Mac/Watch do their thing while I get situated, at which point it's usually unlocked by the time I'm ready.

That said, I'm wondering if anyone's experienced the Watch-unlock functionality with both a Series 0 and a Series 2 .. enough to be able to determine if the Series 2 is able to unlock the Mac faster?

2. tromboneaholic macrumors 65816

tromboneaholic

Why would Series 2 unlock faster? There are no performance differences between Series 1 and Series 2.

3. infinitejest macrumors 6502

infinitejest

I have a Series 1 and it unlocks my MacBook Air 2015 in 1.15 seconds (yes, I measured).

4. IngerMan macrumors 6502a

IngerMan

I have a series 2 and sometimes it's fast and sometimes it's not. On occasion it does not work.

5. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Do you mean the original Apple Watch that people are calling Series 0? Series 1 is a new watch that was just released and has all the components of the original Apple Watch but with a faster CPU.

6. eoblaed thread starter macrumors 68000

eoblaed

Apologies. I meant Series 2 vs Series 0.