serios iphoto/photo booth help

sparkling.chaos

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 4, 2009
ohio
pretty sure you guys are going to tell me it's time to pay the geniuses the big bucks but i thought i'd ask anyway...

all of a sudden my iphoto would not load. so i restarted, reset my smc, rest my pram and nvram. nothing.

then i thought to check my photo booth for some reason. the program loads, i can see the little pics along the bottom and a black screen before it crashes and offers to restart.

i deleted (username)/library/preferences/com.apple.desktop.plist. nothing. i moved albumdata.xml to the desktop. nothing.

i deleted iphoto and photo booth and reinstalled. still nothing.

any ideas? everything else seems to be running aok but i don't know what else to do. please, i'm poor. help me out!

mrkgoo

macrumors 65816
Aug 18, 2005
pretty sure you guys are going to tell me it's time to pay the geniuses the big bucks but i thought i'd ask anyway...

all of a sudden my iphoto would not load. so i restarted, reset my smc, rest my pram and nvram. nothing.

then i thought to check my photo booth for some reason. the program loads, i can see the little pics along the bottom and a black screen before it crashes and offers to restart.

i deleted (username)/library/preferences/com.apple.desktop.plist. nothing. i moved albumdata.xml to the desktop. nothing.

i deleted iphoto and photo booth and reinstalled. still nothing.

any ideas? everything else seems to be running aok but i don't know what else to do. please, i'm poor. help me out!
Have you tried removing (just try moving it first, not deleting it) the relevant .plist files for each app?

Comment

sparkling.chaos

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 4, 2009
ohio
do you mean just pulling the files to desktop? if so, i just tried that and nothing has changed.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.