Serious advice on ipod touch durability

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Adamt600, Jan 18, 2010.

1. Adamt600 macrumors newbie

Jan 16, 2010
    Hi everyone
    I have a 6month old 2gen ipod touch which i mostly use for heavy games such as NFS shift , avatar and nova, and also for some web surfing, some youtube, and a bit of ipod stuff. Anyway , a couple of months ago, i was listening eminem music with the speaker and it fell from a 7feet distance straight on concrete pavement. Although it had this rubber case, the ipods edge cut right through it and had a small dent and the acreen doesnt fit in the case properly at 100% !! the games are slowish but work great, the battery life on games got reduced by a whoping hour or so but i am experiencing some side effecta that just appeared : enlargement of some letters on keyboard doesnt work, lots of blackouts and screen blocks!!' help?
    Could anyone care to give precious advice to a poor teen like me?
    I would also like to know what exactly the one year warranty cover and what it expects in order ipod?
  2. wywern209 macrumors 65832

Sep 7, 2008
    do you rly want to know?
    it sounds like some circuits inside were messed up from the fall and apple care doesn't cover accidental so ur gonna have to shell out for a new one. or go to ifixit and replace stuff urself.
  3. rgarjr macrumors 603

Apr 2, 2009
    Southern California
    Yeah it does sound like you messed up something inside your ipod from that big plunge.
  4. Consultant macrumors G5

Jun 27, 2007