Serious Airport Express Problem

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by dandubois89, Jul 24, 2009.

1. dandubois89 macrumors newbie

I recently moved to a new place. At my old apartment I had my express plugged in, never constantly unplugged it or anything and it worked fine.

I move into my new place and now my express wont work. I did a factory reset, holding the reset while plugging it in, reconfigured it to extend my network as I use it to connect to xbox live.

Everything will work for about 2-3 minutes and have internet until the light goes solid yellow. It wont show up in the airport utility or anything. I look at it and it is shutoff while plugged in. No blinking light, no solid light just nothing.

I cant find any information on any other resets and I assumed factory was way to go after it wasnt working the first time.

I have NO idea what to do now. I assume its dead completely unless there is something im doing wrong.

I have had it for a little over a year. Not exactly sure when i bought it. I think I am within a month of the warranty expiring. This sucks. I dont have my proof of purchase or anything. But I am positive I bought it around this time.

What are my options?

Thanks for all your guys help in advance. its much appreciated!

:Edit

When I plug it in after it being off it does the normal start-up by blinking green then solid yellow while starting then it resets, "starts up" one more time then shuts off completely.

2. emt1 macrumors 65816

3. dandubois89 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks so much.

I knew about that site but I naively assumed it was only for macbooks, mac pros etc. Thanks. Im in warranty for about 6 more days. Time to go to the mac store I guess. haha

Thanks again!

4. emt1 macrumors 65816

No problem. When you get it repaired, I believe you will get a short warranty extension, but you will need proof of repair to have it repaired again if something happens. So save that invoice.

5. dandubois89 thread starter macrumors newbie

How does the warranty work if they end up giving me a different one. I would assume because its a new product its covered under a new warranty, however they could be like the dicks with my cell phone. New cell phone covered under old warranty. Whatever sense that makes.

Thanks again for the tips/advice. Have a good one.

6. glap1922 macrumors regular

I am fairly certain it is the old warranty. I just had my iphone replaced at the end of it's warranty period and I was given a 90 day (I think) extension on my warranty.

7. emt1 macrumors 65816

If they give you a new one, I think it will be under warranty until your current warranty expires (6 days from now) and it will also have a short extension on the warranty. I'm on 4 hours of sleep though, so don't quote me on that.

8. dandubois89 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thats a warranty practice I do not agree with. You figure if it is new then it would have its own warranty as if you bought it new. I can see where the companies are coming from but you figure as long as the product lasts longer than the warranty (which all modern things should) it wouldnt be that much of a problem.

Thanks again!