Serious battery drain on iPod Touch 4 (could be an iOS issue but not sure)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by john bacon, Nov 13, 2013.

1. john bacon macrumors newbie

This problem happens whenever I play GTA chinatown wars, then put my device to sleep when the game is running, after that I use the music player from the lock screen.

If I leave it like this the batter drains after 5 or so hours, with only music playing and screen off, the game is supposedly sleeping and not consuming resources. Or is it?

My iPod Touch 4 is almost two years old, but battery is healthy, if I only use it for music I still get more than a day of use.

2. iPodJedi macrumors 6502a

iPodJedi

Mine does it too.

i also own a touch 4g (I've had it for about 3yrs, got it right when it first came out.). My battery is terrible, it drains within an 45min to an hour (even just on the web) with the brightness down to only about 1/4. I do find closing apps completely can help (double tap home button and press minus button after holding down on the app). Im not sure if its the 4g just that has the issue because my 5yr old iPod touch 2nd gen still has amazing battery life and lasts twice as long as my 4g touch. I find that buying an external portable charger really helps. I bought one for $40 at Target about a year ago and it is really helpful (it is about as thin as the new iPod nano 7th gen so it doesn't add to much weight in ur pocket and u just plug in the apple usb charging chord that came with ur device.) and it adds an hour and a half back to my battery for my 4g iTouch. Well worth the $40... especially when apple charges about $80 for a new battery out of warranty.

Message back if u have any more questions. Hope this was helpful although there isn't to much you can do.:confused: