serious bluetooth issues. need help! iLuv i730 anyone have it?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by lindsayanng, Aug 15, 2008.

1. lindsayanng macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

This started in the iphone forums, but i think it belongs here more so, so i'm just posting in HOPES of getting soem kind of answer or suggestions.

I bought the iLuv fm transmitter/bluetooth transmitter. It is SUPPOSED to use the internal microphone to listen to you, and puts the person on the other end's voice through the speakers.

I have sucessfully paired this item ONCE. I was holding it in my hand and un-paired and re-paired and then when i made the call, the option to choose that bluetooth item FINALLY came up. So i chose it and everything seemed to work. but it wasnt int he dock.. so i didnt change ANYTHING but i put it in the dock, and the choice for the bluetooth came up again, but this time it didnt put it through the speakers..

Ever since then, the choice for the bluetooth never came up when making a call, but in settings it said it was paired.. THEN i tried to unpair it again and re-pair and NOW its telling me that i entered an invalid pin.. THE PIN IS 0000!! cant mess that one up!

Any suggestions. Has ANYONE used this with any sucess???

2. lindsayanng thread starter macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

3. erock841 macrumors newbie

okay I have a question. There isn't a lot of info on this thing on the internet and since you have one I figured I'd ask you. I have an iPod touch and I'll soon be getting an iPhone 3g. My car doesn't have bluetooth so I was looking at this iLuv i730. My question is does it work if I continue to use my iPod touch for the fm transmitter and my iPhone for the bluetooth? Are you only having problems using the iPhone in the fm transmitter AND bluetooth or just using it for bluetooth?

Thanks
    -E

4. lindsayanng thread starter macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

the one and ONLY time that it worked, my phone was in my hand, not in the dock, but then - all of a sudden - NOTHING worked.. I would hold off on buying this item. The phone can recognize it, but then the actual item doesnt route the calls anywhere.. except for that one time.

This whole thing doesnt make much sense to me.. but dontget one yet.. let me figure it out first. I will post updates, but i would really like to see if anyone else has one of these/

oh yea, i think i did say this in the OP, but if not - the FM transmitter and charger part work just fine for songs, i just cant get the bluetooth and fm transmitter to do ANYTHING for calls.