Serious Call dropping issues

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by phox202, Dec 3, 2010.

1. phox202 macrumors newbie

I have had my iPhone 4 for about a month after the initial launch. Didn't get a bumper for about a month after that. In that one month time frame, I did not experience a whole lot of the dropped call issue.

Lately, for about 2 months now, if I am calling someone, the call will somewhat "drop". They cannot hear me, but I can hear them perfectly. This happens with every single phone call I make now. I have tried everything from removing the bumper, to even turning off wifi and 3g and talking in Edge. It does not matter it seems, and every call, the person on the other end cannot hear me.

I live in Phoenix, and ATT has decent enough coverage that this should not be happening. Anybody else have this problem, and hopefully a fix?

2. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

Hard to say, could be hardware or even just really coincidental glitches on the AT&T network while you're on the phone. If it's been two months, maybe you should get it checked out at the apple store. Do you know anyone else who lives around your area who also has an iphone 4?

3. phox202 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah a few people, none with the same issues as me.

I have thought about taking it to the store, but I never got around to purchasing the care package for it. I have a feeling its going to be something that is only covered in that plan.