Serious Case/Film Help Needed

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by capitation, Sep 3, 2010.

1. capitation macrumors newbie

Alright, I am at a loss trying find the proper protection for my iPhone 4, whether it be a case or film. (And I am already using PS on the front/back, if that makes any difference.)

Here is my criteria for my search:

- Nothing bulky. I am in a office most of the day, so I don't need a whole lot of protection. Ruled out: Otterbox, etc.

- Has to work with 3rd party accessories. I use the USA Spec car adapter and the connector is thicker than the one that came with iPhone. Ruled out: Incase Slider, Bumper, (and most cases in general!)

- Covers bottom of iPhone. It looks like the bottom has a high propensity to get scratched. Just by using the cable that came with the iPhone, it seems that the sides right outside the dock connector get scratched a lot. Ruled out: IS, BSE, Bodyguarz, Wrapsol, Belkin Micra/Incase Snap type cases that leave open the top/bottom

So that leaves a small pool of cases/films. Possibly the Pixelskin HD? Geometric? Is there literally anything else on the market that fit my criteria that people would actually recommend?

If there is nothing out there, I think I will have to stick with the PS and add Lucky Labs decals on the sides.

2. capitation thread starter macrumors newbie

Seriously, no comments or feedback?

Is the criteria too stringent? No cases out there fit my profile?

Or did I violate a forum policy? Or both???

3. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

No. Think there has been way too many questions like this before. I'd recommend you look at the iFrogz Luxe Lean case. Looks decent and should match all the criteria you had for a case.

4. capitation thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the feedback. Yeah I have seen the iFrogz case and it appears to be similar to the Belkin Micra or Incase Slider in how it leaves the bottom exposed. I have seen how the bottom gets all scratched up and would prefer a little more protection than these offer.

5. iammike1 macrumors 6502a

iammike1

Incipio NGP or Speck Candyshell maybe?

I know both of those are screen shield friendly at least.

6. icecrystal23 macrumors 6502

Most cases leave the bottom partially or totally exposed since the dock connector takes up the majority of the bottom of the phone.

However, you might like the Switcheasy NUDE (like incase snap, but comes with protectors for exposed parts) or, if you're willing to add just a little bulk, the NGP Matte (at Walmart for $20). The NGP Matte seems like it would have issues with thick dock connectors, but because the case is flexible the thick connectors just push the case out of the way :) That's what I'm using and I have the same issue with my car dock cable. EDIT: I mean: my car dock cable is also very large and doesn't fit most cases, but it works with the Incipio NGP because the case is flexible and the connector can just make room for itself.

See this thread for more info on the NGP: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1002309

7. scarboy6693 macrumors 6502

8. yOyOYoo macrumors 6502a

yOyOYoo