Serious DAC issues

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by Sasdoe, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Sasdoe macrumors newbie

Hi all !

First off I'd like to introduce myself, since this is my first post ! Nice to meet you all and finally be active in a forum I have read a lot previously !

My issue, to which i can't find a solution or a similar case, is that sometimes, without warning and in no perticular configuration, my MacBook will play an awfull noise when listening to my music through my dac (connected by USB), but not just distorting it in a lightly unpleasant way, not just small clicks and pops, but a really fuzzy sound, as soon as I touch my trackpad or keyboard. I'll try and post a video to make it clearer. The only way I can get rid of it is to wait for a few seconds..

If anyone has an answer it would be welcomed !

Thank you !

2. Sasdoe thread starter macrumors newbie

3. dj-anon macrumors member

dj-anon

That is quite common for usb audio interfaces. The easiest solution could be to power your DAC with an AC adapter. But I would visit the support forums of your product, as it is very probable you'll find a lot of workarounds there.

4. TMRaven macrumors 68020

TMRaven

Only asynchronous usb will minimize that to the point of it not being an issue. Regular usb won't. Sadly the usb feeds power to the unit as well, so you'll get those kinds of electronic interferences. I'd visit the support pages of the product as well.