Serious damage to iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by kidwithdimples, Jan 15, 2008.

1. kidwithdimples macrumors 6502a

Hi!

One of my friend bought an iPhone last week. She also bought this cover ($20 something she said) and I don't know how but it made a deep scratch on her iPhone.

Here is the image:
    [​IMG]
    I circled the scratch.

And this was the cheap cover:
    [​IMG]

Is there any ways to get that fixed? What if she takes it to the Apple Store or something?

Any suggestions? or just live with it?

2. yOyOYoo macrumors 6502a

yOyOYoo

That looks like the cozip case you can get at amazon.com

I don't see how it could scratch the case.

3. Sonicjay macrumors 6502a

Sonicjay

A scratch in the paint on the back of your iPhone is not "serious damage". If you dinged your car door in a parking lot, do you think the dealer would replace your car because you scratched it?

4. janitorC7 macrumors 6502a

janitorC7

First, matter of Housekeeping: as per forum rules please do not thread bump.

Moving on.

This is cosmetic damage, nothing apple will or should fix (not saying that a really nice store rep would not take pity on you though).

So, my official answer is this: Take a sharpie, I found that there is one that is the exact same color as the phone, and color over that scratch.

Unofficially, (you didn't hear it from me), apple gives out replacement iphones very easily, so if there is any other small problem that you are having with the phone, a few to many dropped calls, ect. complain about that, not the scratch. (disclaimer: dont abuse this)