serious encryption problem alert

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by duffydj, Sep 3, 2010.

1. duffydj macrumors newbie

Hi guys. Are any of you having this problem?

Yesterday I installed the most recent patch from Apple in my Macbook Pro, can’t remember the number of it, sorry about that.
    Today I noticed a serious fault in my computer. When I’m trying to access any website that is supposed to be encrypted (ie. Paypal, banks, etc) they aren’t encrypted or are only partially encrypted. I am pretty sure that this wasn’t happening before. I haven’t installed any software recently and everything was working fine until yesterday, the day I installed the security update. So I guess it’s not a coincidence. When I try it on Firefox the websites are not encrypted and when I try it on Safari I get a warning from Safari saying that it can’t recognise the certificate or that is invalid.

Any of you have experienced this?

Thanks for your help.

2. creative78 macrumors regular

creative78

Not having any problems here, tried paypal and a couple of other sites that use a secure connection.

Maybe try resetting safari, removing stored cookies for those sites and such and see if you still have the same problems.

3. duffydj thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, I did that. Cleaned the cookies in both browsers, restarted and everything remains the same. But have you installed the last update, the one released this week?

thanks

4. creative78 macrumors regular

creative78

5. snaky69 macrumors 603

Only the login info and the pages after that are encrypted, the website itself isn't. Same for banks.

6. duffydj thread starter macrumors newbie

I think that's pretty obvious right :)

It works fine with Firefox, Opera, Chrome but no Safari.

7. Queso macrumors G4

Check your time and date settings. If your clock is out some of the SSL/TLS certificates the sites are presenting will look to your computer to be expired or no valid yet.

8. Hal Itosis macrumors 6502a

Hal Itosis

Why would a problem such as this (if it even exists) get posted in a "MacBook Pro" forum?
    [i.e., doesn't seem like it would be a hardware issue.]