Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MartinAppleGuy

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 27, 2013
No drives are found when trying to install Windows 8.1 64 bit via Bootcamp. It partitioned my hdd and restarted into windows but now shows no drives. Please help!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 173

saturnotaku

macrumors 68000
Mar 4, 2013
How are you installing Windows? DVD, thumb drive? If the latter, how did you create the installation media?

MartinAppleGuy

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 27, 2013
Refresh?

Can you still boot to OS X? (use the option key when you boot the mac)

How are you installing Windows? DVD, thumb drive? If the latter, how did you create the installation media?

I was using a Windows 8.1 Full Version DVDS (64-bit). I fixed it myself, I booted back into OS X, repartitioned it as a single partition (removing the Windows partition) then recreating it. When using the Windows DVDS second time round, it somehow did populate the list of partitions available for installation and I have it working just fine. Thanks for the hope though :) What a complete and utter pain haha

----------

Refresh?

Can you still boot to OS X? (use the option key when you boot the mac)

And refresh didn't work, and neither did searching for one manually.

saturnotaku

macrumors 68000
Mar 4, 2013
I was using a Windows 8.1 Full Version DVDS (64-bit). I fixed it myself, I booted back into OS X, repartitioned it as a single partition (removing the Windows partition) then recreating it. When using the Windows DVDS second time round, it somehow did populate the list of partitions available for installation and I have it working just fine.

Odd, but glad you got it sorted.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.