Serious issue when using iCloud password as user password

Discussion in 'OS X El Capitan (10.11)' started by netsped, Oct 23, 2015.

1. netsped, Oct 23, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2015

netsped macrumors regular

I have my rMBP to use my iCloud password as my user password and I've been using it like this for almost a year without issues.

Today I turned it on and entered the password to unlock the drive (FileVault 2 enabled) and it booted without any problems.

Then I closed the lid and left for an hour or so and when I came back and tried to login again it didn't accepted my password, I was pretty sure I was typing it correctly but nothing.

I tried to restart it and it finally accepted my password again at the FileVault 2 login screen. It booted and I used it for about one hour. I again closed the lid and came back 30 minutes later just to find the same issue.

It won't accept my password.

I didn't wanted to restart it again because I had some important photoshop files opened.

So, I tried to restart my router and while it was restarting (no Wifi connection) I tried to log in again and now it accepted my password.

This started to happen today. I don't know if it's something 10.10.1 did or if there's some iCloud issues.

For now, I disabled the iCloud password as user password and I'm using a "local" password instead.

Any one with the same issue? I've also noticed that both my iPhone and iPad are requesting I retype my iCloud password at least once a day.

EDIT.

Just tried to enable again the use of my iCloud password as my user password and it's saying the iCloud password is incorrect. I can log in to iCloud.com with that same password. Something is definitely broken...

2. makdeniss macrumors member

makdeniss

Youre not alone. Same problem here

3. kupkakez macrumors 68000

kupkakez

Seems like it's an iCloud issue. I am having the same problem and have been all day.

4. makdeniss macrumors member

makdeniss

Could manage to login into my mac, but I have serious trouble with icloud.